THE 'PEDIGREE' 1970S PONTIAC FIREBIRDDate: 2017-11-20
Designed as a pony car to compete with the Ford Mustang, this gorgeous Pontiac Firebird is the second generation model introduced by the American automobile builders, Pontiac, back in 1970.
Of course, it didn't always look this sexy!
Tom Cronkright bought his first car, the 1970 Pontiac Firebird, more than 2 decades ago and, with the help of All Speed Customs, they upgraded the vintage beauty tastefully by integrated modern styling and technology. The Pontiac was built to be a high-performance daily driver until Toms spirited youth and a heavy right foot shortened the relationship. The car underwent body modifications that provide a contemporary yet bold look that also increases performance by managing and directing airflow. The Firebird also needed to include many luxuries and appointments found in late model sports cars such as tuned suspension, fuel injected adjustable twin-turbos, climate control, power windows with a state-of-the-art stereo and multimedia electronics.
The all-new 1970 Firebird kicks out a heafty 1200hp, which sounds excessive for a vehicle of this age, but this top-class, upgraded muscle car now has the proper pedigree to handle everything thrown at it.
- 475 Cu. In. Custom Twin Turbo Pontiac
- Block – IAII cast iron 4.250″ bore
- Mains – billet 3.00″ splayed mains,
- Crank – 4.00″ stroke crank – Scat 4340 forged steel
- Custom All Speed Performance Twin
- 2 ea. Bullseye Power 62 mm extended tip turbos with polished race covers
- 2 ea. Tial 44 MM v-band wastegates
- 2 ea. Tial 50 MM blowoff valves
- Custom air to air intercooler with aluminum charge tubing
- Custom air hat with retro-Pontiac six-pack design
- Custom design full leather interior with dual stitching
- Front leather Corbeau bucket seats
- Five-point safety harness
- Rear bench with molded buckets
- Custom center console
- Original-reconditioned Trans Am gauges
- New aluminum Trans Am dash plate
- Power windows with billet switches
- Custom billet door handles
- Custom Budnik split-grip sports wheel anodized black
- Vintage Air Sure Fit climate control system
- Ididit tilt steering column/keyless ignition