Buying your next ride is always an exciting time and, for a lot of people, just searching around for a car is a lot of fun too. But, the reality of it is that if you don't do your research, a few months down the line you could be sitting in a tough situation. You might have bought a lemon, or you realise that you've spent far too much on it and, inevitably, start questioning whether or not it was worth all your hard-earned cash...
Here are 10 simple tips on ways to save money on your next car purchase.
- Do your homework and get the best possible price for your current car before selling.
- Prepare to negotiate the price down on your new vehicle.
- Inspect your new car thoroughly. If you're buying a new car, keep your eyes peeled for any imperfections which can, in turn, help with your negotiation.
- Be prepared and disciplined enough to walk away from a deal if it doesn't meet your criteria.
- Although we're all passionate about cars, when buying the car you have been drooling over for weeks, always think with your head and not your heart.
- If you're buying from a private seller, be open and kind as a potential buyer, getting on the sellers good side will most likely have them open up more about the car's history.
- Less desirable coloured cars are usually cheaper. If you're planning on doing work to your car, perhaps a respray or even a wrap, cars with crappy colours usually sell for less.
- Know the benefits of paying in cash and of financing to help with your decision.
- Don't get too caught up in buying your 90s JDM dream car. Understand the purpose of the vehicle, a new car offers many perks that are sometimes hard to turn down.
- Lastly, do your research. If you are in the market for another car, whether it's been used or not, chances are you have never owned that model or even make before. Does it have a history of being notoriously unreliable? Are parts readily available? How is the fuel economy and how much does it cost to insure?
Take a look at the video below by the YouTube channel, Ideal Media, on 10 Ways To Save Money On Your Next Car...
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel here for more exciting and exclusive SXdrv content! And don't forget to smash that subscribe button!