Take a look at the 7 most underrated and forgotten cars that are actually really good!
Thanks to the media and car enthusiast gossip, some cars that are actually very good have been put into a negative status category for no particularly good reason.
Here are 7 cars that are completely underrated and forgotten:
- Porsche 944 Turbo: The Porsche 944 Turbo had a bad rep because it was virtually indistinguishable from the 924, which quickly became titled the "poor mans Porsche" because of its tiny 94hp engine. But, the 944 Turbo was still rear-wheel drive, had a low centre of gravity and handled incredibly well!
- BMW M6 E63: The E63 MBW M6 is without a doubt a fantastic car, but its biggest downfall was its release date. It launched around the same time as the V10 M5, which stole the limelight, and a lot of people forgot about the less desirable M6.
- Chevrolet SS: The Chevrolet SS was perfect for the American market. Well, at least that's what GM thought. The Chevrolet SS was essentially a rebadged Holden with a huge V8 under the hood. However, many American's didn't quite know what it was or where it fitted in the market.
- Volkswagen Phaeton: The Phaeton was one of those cars where, being so good was its biggest downfall. The Phaeton was a super-luxury sedan with a very heavy price tag. And, the people that could afford it, found more exclusive cars more appealing to them for the same price.
- Ferrari 599 GTB: The Ferrari 599 GTB is not even close to being forgotten, but what its biggest downfall is, is that people don't even realise just how good of a Ferrari it is. It ticks all the boxes when it comes to the gearbox, engine and even it's pretty styling.
- Spyker C8 Aileron: The Dutch automaker, Spyker, makes some of the world's most exclusive and pretty cars. But, the issue is that its Italian and Swiss rivals are making cars in the hypercar category with the same exclusivity, where Spyker is just a sportscar with a heavy price tag!
- BMW M3 Lightweight: The BMW M3 is, undoubtedly, one of the most desirable sports cars to date, but there have been many versions of it. One version, in particular, was the Lightweight. A racing version that was for the American market exclusively, and only available in white. Many didn't like the idea of an M3 with no radio or aircon. A few other missing luxuries here and there made this version rather unpopular, but it was a mean racing machine!
Take a look at the video below by YouTube channel, TopCars TV, on the Top 7 Forgotten & Underrated Cars.
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel here for more exciting and exclusive SXdrv content! And don't forget to smash that subscribe button!