Take a look at these 7 cars that are actually worse than the versions they replaced.
Nostalgia aside, sometimes car makers simply make a car worse than its predecessor. Now, "worse" is quite a strong word as it could be quite subjective, depending on personal preferences. This time, though, we have a look at the facts and what actually makes them worse than the cars they replaced.
Here are 7 new cars that are worse than their previous versions:
- Porsche 718 Boxster: The Boxster was the Porsche that saved the German sportscar maker from bankruptcy. The original version came standard with a lively straight-six that was exciting, fun and exhilarating to drive. But, in recent years, they were replaced with a turbo-4.
- Dodge Charger: Don't get us wrong, the new Dodge Charger is an incredible machine, but in no way does it represent the iconic 1960s muscle car. The new Charger's styling is quite reserved and it's a 4-door saloon. Rather odd!
- Subaru WRX STI: You don't need to be a car fanatic in order to notice how boring the new WRX STI is. The first few generations were completely bonkers, with as much boost and modding potential anyone could hope for. And don't get us started on that insane styling that was factory fitted! The latest generation, however, can pass as an Uber.
- Mercedes SL-Class: The R230 generation Mercedes SL was a car worthy of being a desktop wallpaper, with its gorgeous looks that dated incredibly well. But, in more recent times, it seems as if Mercedes has leaked some of it's Japanese design influence all over the SL-Class.
- Lancia Delta Integrale: Another car that was born out of the WRC and still is loved by fans worldwide. When you think of a Lancia Delta, that's the one you're thinking of. But, little did you know, there was a successor that was styled like an old Peugeot 206 and made over 20bhp less than its older Rally cousin.
- Mitsubishi Eclipse: The Eclipse was a car that was taken under the wing by the tuner culture in the mid to late 90s, and was loved due to the fact that it had the same engine as the Mitsubishi Evo. But then, a few short years later, it was replaced by the Eclipse Spider, which was a complete, underpowered and ugly fail. Then, again, a few years ago, the JDM car maker resurrected the Eclipse name and glued the name on an SUV.
- Audi S5: It's hard to flaw the Audi S5 as it's bordering perfection, even their later models. But, if we think back on the first generation, with its mighty V8 stolen from an R8, then Audi thinking it was a good idea to replace it with a V6, some of the spirit was lost. Yes, the V6 version is faster and produces more power, but that's not the point.
Take a look at the video below by YouTube channel, TopCars TV, on 7 Cars That Are Worse Than Before.
Be sure to check out our YouTUbe channel here for more exciting and exclusive SXdrv content! And don't forget to smash that subscribe button!