Ford has officially released their flagship Mustang for 2022, the Mustang Mach 1, but is it worth upgrading from the previous version?
The Ford Mustang is a car that has been with us for over half a century. It was one of the first "pony" American Muscle cars and quickly become one of America's most loved and best-sold cars of all time.
But then something happened, and not something particularly good. It was a result of the 1973 fuel crisis where not only was the price of fuel at an all-time high, but rather no fuel at all. And the love for American muscle cars slowly died off as it just didn't make sense to have massive internal combustion engines.
Car companies took a massive hit during the next decade and started to develop cars with smaller and more fuel-efficient engines and Ford was no different.
Their iconic Mustang never got cancelled or discontinued, but rather new versions of the car were not particularly appealing to their previous target market.
But as time went on, the mighty Mustang slowly started making a name for itself once again and Ford used new more fuel-efficient technologies to essentially make the cars as fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly as possible without compromising on power and drivability.
In recent times we have seen Ford release versions of the Mustang that carry the EcoBoost badge that provides a smaller engine with still an impressive amount of power which was a huge success for the brand.
And in 2021, Ford released a flagship version of the Mustang called the Mach 1 which was a nod to the original 1969 Mustang Mach 1 and featured the most amount of power in Mustang ever before.
Now, there is a brand new one, the 2022 version that also features a 5.0-litre Ti-VCT V8 engine that produces 450 HP (That is just 40 HP less than a Lamborghini Gallardo, to put things into perspective). You also get a 6-Speed manual gearbox with Rev Matching, or an optional 10-speed SelectShif automatic transmission if you're into that sort of thing.
But if you're thinking that this is all good and well but the previous version also featured the exact same things, but just how different is the new 2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1? Well, here you go:
Here are some new features of the 2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1:
- Electronic Line-Lock (track use only) Open image overlay for Electronic Line-Lock (track use only)
- Independent Rear Suspension Open image overlay for Independent Rear Suspension
- Launch Control Open image overlay for Launch Control
- Selectable Drive Modes Open image overlay for Selectable Drive Modes
- Selectable Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS) Open image overlay for Selectable Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
- Heavy-duty Front Springs
- Larger Radiator
- Open Air Induction System (AIS)
- Performance Enhanced Powertrain Calibration
- Unique Intake Manifold
- Black painted Brake Calipers
- Unique Chassis Tuning
- Engine Oil, Transmission and Differential Coolers
- MagneRide® Damping System Open image overlay for MagneRide® Damping System
Take a look at the video below by the YouTube channel: CarWow on the Ford Mustang Mach 1 2022 Review...
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel here for more exciting and exclusive SXdrv content! And don't forget to smash that subscribe button!