Porsche is planning on keeping the Cayenne at the top of the sales charts with the 2019 Porsche Cayenne SUV's new features and engine!
Although you won't be able to purchase a 2019 Porsche Cayenne until mid 2018, Porsche has spilled the beans on two of the V6-powered versions of its popular SUV now.
Perhaps the increasing competition in the class has forced Porsche to divulge some information early in order to grab and hold customers' attention before they're tempted to stray to many offerings other brands.
So, if you're keen on knowing the in's and out's of the 2019 Porsche Cayenne SUV, here are 7 things you need to know:
1. There will only be two Cayenne models available at launch – a single-turbo 340hp V6 Cayenne and a 440hp twin-turbo V6 Cayenne S. The single turbo model does a 0-60mph sprint in 5.6 seconds if you get the Sport Chrono package, otherwise it's 5.9 seconds. The twin-turbo does this in 4.6/4.9 seconds. Not bad!
2. We can't expect any versions of the new Cayenne to reach US dealerships until midway through 2018.
3. V6 Cayennes get a new eight-speed Tiptronic transmission that shifts a lot quicker and with more comfort. It is expected to have five modes: on-road, mud, gravel, sand and rocks.
4. There will be a lot of aluminum in its structure. Porsche says the new chassis is 143 pounds lighter, thanks to increased efficiences, as well as the use of alloys and high-strength steel!
5. Four-wheel steering is available! At lower speeds, the Cayenne's rear wheels will turn opposite to the fronts to allow for better parking maneuverability. At higher speeds, they turn in sync with the fronts to allow for better stability.
6. In addition to plain old disc brakes and performance-orinetated carbon-ceramic brakes, Porsche has also added a third option: Porsche Surface-Coated Brakes with a tungsten-carbide layer! This has a cast-iron disc coated with tungsten-carbide that allows for better friction as well as reducing wear and brake dust.
7. Pricing will start at $66,750 for the Cayenne and $83,950 for the Cayenne S. Prices can also rise rapidly from there depending on which options you choose!
A lot to look forward to for the 2019 Porsche Cayenne SUV!