We're used to hearing about brand new exotic hypercars getting released that costs the same as a small country. They have spaceship-like technologies, run on tree farts, and produce over 2000 horsepower. Oh yes, and claim to be the fastest car around the Nurburgring but never actually get tested...
But that doesn't mean that 2000 horsepower is where the limit has always been. As a matter of fact, there was a time where 1 horsepower was something you'd take your hat off to as a matter of respect to the world of automotive engineering!
Here are the record-breaking cars in respect to the total horsepower output of all time:
- 1885 Benz Motorwagen – 2/3 Horsepower
- 1894 Benz Velo – 1 Horsepower
- 1910 Isotta Fraschini Tipo KM – 100 Horsepower
- 1912 Benz 82 - 200 Horsepower
- 1932 Duesenberg Model SJ – 300 Horsepower
- 1967 Corvette L88 – 500 Horsepower
- 1986 Ford RS 200 Evo – 588
- 1992 Bugatti EB110 SuperSport – 600 Horsepower
- 1993 Dauer 962 Le Mans – 700 Horsepower
- 2004 Koenigsegg CCR – 800 Horsepower
- 2005 Bugatti Veyron – 1000 Horsepower
- 2007 SSC Ultimate Aero TT – 1100 Horsepower
- 2015 Koenigsegg Regera – 1400 Horsepower
- 2018 Rimac Nevera – 1600 Horsepower
- 2019 Lotus Evija – 2000 Horsepower
Take a look at the video below by the YouTube channel, Carwow, on The Horsepower Record Breakers - The Cars Which Broke New Ground!
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel here for more exciting and exclusive SXdrv content! And don't forget to smash that subscribe button!