At the Volkswagen annual meeting in Wolfsburg, Germany this year, VW announced key dates for the production of new products to come.
After battling through the Dieselgate situation, it seems like Volkwagen are getting back on their feet!
Here are some of the key production dates announced by Volkswagen:
- The new Volkswagen Polo - production starts June 2017 and it is estimated that this car will be available for sale in South Africa before the end of the year.
- The T-Roc compact family car/crossover - production starts August 2017.
- The China-only Phideon Plug-In Hybrid - production starts August 2017.
- A South America-only Virtus (Polo sedan) - production begins November 2017
- The next-generation Touareg - production starts November 2017.
- The next-generation Jetta - production starts at the end of 2017.
A lot to look forward to! A Volkswagen spokesperson said: "VW wants to be the global leader in electromobility by 2025 and sell 1 million cars per year".
Watch the video for the product briefing!