For students currently completing a motor mechanic course at a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college... we have a dream come true for you!
merSETA has announced that an initiative allowing students to gain first-hand experience in the field of engineering will be launched - as a part of an exciting partnership with Bateleur Motorsport.
Mike Schmidt, a driver of Bateleur Motorsport and an incredibly experienced motorsport driver, aims to educate the students during a race weekend. The students will be experiencing their dreams first-hand by basically serving as a pit crew and working directly on the racecar. The five top students at a TVET college in the region will get the opportunity to form part of this project.
The race programme and participating TVET colleges are as follows:
- 13 May: Killarney, Cape Town - College of Cape Town
- 24 June: East London GP Circuit - Buffalo City College
- 19 August: Dezzi Raceway, Port Shepstone - Esayidi College
- 14 October: Aldo Scribate, Port Elizabeth - East Cape Midlands College
- 29 October: Phakisa Freeway, Welkom - Motheo College
- 2 December: Kyalami, Gauteng - Tshwane College.
Work hard motorsport students, and get the opportunity of a lifetime!