For the second consecutive month, Land Rover's new Discovery has dominated the luxury SUV market in South Africa. The SUV – which was launched in July – exceeded the 100-unit mark in August 2017, with a total of 131 models finding local owners.
When Land Rover launched the SUV they also opened the order books for its upcoming Range Rover Velar, with 15 clients purchasing the SUV. In third place is Toyota's Land Cruiser 200 (90 units), followed by the Jeep Grand Cherokee (65).
Jaguar sold 45 units of its F-Pace, one model more than the Range Rover Evoque (44) in sixth place. The Toyota Prado saw a decline in August, securing 38 new owners, Volvo’s XC90 grabbed the eighth position with 30 units, and Audi’s Q7 is in ninth with 21 models sold units. In tenth is Lexus' LX with 18 SUVs sold.
Here are the top 10 best-selling luxury SUVs for the month of August 2017 in South Africa:
1. Land Rover Discovery selling 131 units
2. Range Rover/ Sport/ Velar selling 102 units
3. Toyota Land Cruiser 200 selling 90 units
4. Jeep Grand Cherokee selling 65 units
5. Jaguar F-Pace selling 45 units
6. Range Rover Evoque selling 44 units
7. Toyota Prado selling 38 units
8. Volvo XC90 selling 30 units
9. Audi Q7 selling 21 units
10. Lexus LX selling 18 units