THE EASIEST WAYS TO ADD HORSEPOWER TO YOUR CAR!
If you're the sort of person that enjoys a car for what it is and loves to tinker with the engine to squeeze out just that extra little bit of sweet horsepower, you are not alone! However, you might be a bit lost in your thoughts, as pretty much everywhere you look online there are ways and means to make more horsepower but unfortunately, it will cost you a fair bit, let alone the complexity of getting the mods done.
But it doesn't have to be this complicated to unleash a few extra horsepowers. You don't have to splash out a significant amount of money to do so either at first. Here are a couple of things you can do to unleash a couple of extra horsepower right from the start:
- A Full Service - You'd be surprised at what a good full service can do for a car in terms of horsepower if it is in desperate need of one. Get that bad boy serviced and good to go with new spark plugs, oil filter, oil change, fluids and the rest!
- High-flow cold air intake - Although a cold air intake filter won't give you much power alone, when used correctly in the right setup it can drastically help with airflow efficiency to your engine.
- Exhaust - Your exhaust is a vital part of your engine's performance and allowing the airflow to work far more efficiently by increasing the diameter of the piping can help to increase horsepower, but before you tinker with your exhaust, be sure to research your local traffic laws first!
- Dyno tune - If you want to quickly increase the performance of your car you can give it a tune but there better are ways to do it. Be sure you do your research and ensure that it is not a plug-and-play system or else you'll just be wasting your money. Having a few bolt-on parts beforehand will also ensure you get the most out of your custom tune such as a cold air intake and exhaust.
- Weight reduction - Having unnecessary weight is the enemy of performance. If you can spare unnecessary parts or even replace them with lightweight alternatives you can increase the performance of your car.
- A good set of tyres - Your tyres are the only point of contact your car has with the ground. Having a good set of tyres will help your car stick to the road/track.
Take a look at the video below by the YouTube channel: Ideal Cars on The Easiest Ways To Add Horsepower To Your Car...
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel here for more exciting and exclusive SXdrv content! And don't forget to smash that subscribe button!