Perving over the new Rolls Royce, Bugatti or Range Rover? Well, as much as you love them, the only way they actually make it into production is if they undergo and pass a variety of safety tests.
This is, obviously, in order to keep their passengers as safe as possible in the unfortunate event of a car crash. In doing so, these manufacturers not only have to pay an exceptional amount in order to undergo these tests, but, in the process, also write off a number of their premium cars. The result? A Euro NCAP rating.
Here are the top 10 most expensive car crash tests of all time:
- Range Rover Velar – $56,900 – 5 Star Euro NCAP Rating.
- Audi Q8 – 68,200 – 5 Star Euro NCAP Rating.
- Tesla Model S – $69,420 – 5 Star Euro NCAP Rating.
- Porsche Taycan – $103,800 – 5 Star Euro NCAP Rating.
- Mercedes Benz G Class – $131,750 – 5 Star Euro NCAP Rating.
- Mercedes Benz SLS AMG – $221,580 – No Euro NCAP Rating.
- Lamborghini Murcielago – $354,000 – No Euro NCAP Rating.
- Bugatti Veyron – $1,900,000 – Tests Conducted In-House Electronically By Bugatti.
- Koenigsegg Regera – $1,900,000 – Conducted In-House By Koenigsegg.
- Pagani Huayra – $2,400,000 – Conducted In-House By Pagani.
Take a look at the video below by the YouTube channel, Thansis 1997, on The Top 10 Most Expensive Car Crash Tests Of All Time...
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel here for more exciting and exclusive SXdrv content! And don't forget to smash that subscribe button!