TEN PORSCHE 911 FACTS YOU DIDN'T KNOW
Check out these ten surprising Porsche 911 facts you probably didn't know.
The Porsche 911 is the world's most widely and mass-produced sports car in all motoring history, and for good reason! Check out five of the ten Porsche 911 facts in the video below that you probably didn't know...
- 1: Every Porsche 911 is made in the same factory in Stuttgart, Germany.
- 2: The Porsche 911 was almost cancelled after they saw a huge decline in sales, and decided to take a more consumer-friendly and affordable approach. However, this news sparked outrage with Porsche 911 fans and hundreds of dealerships globally, which forced Porsche to reconsider. And they did!
- 3: The Porsche 911 was inspired by the Volkswagen Beetle. Both cars were designed by the same person too!
- 4: The 911 originally had a different name. Porsche called the 911 the 901, but the French auto manufacturer, Peugeot, threw their toys out the cot when they heard of this. They patented any car name that has three numbers with the middle number being a zero, so Porsche then changed the name to the 911.
- 5: The Porsche 911 is the most popular and well-known sports car in all history. The German manufacturer reached their 1,000,000 Porsche 911 milestone in 2017.
For an in-depth look at these and more Surprising Porsche 911 Facts You Probably Didn't Know, press play on the video below by YouTube channel, Ideal Media.
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel here for more exciting and exclusive SXdrv content! And don't forget to smash that subscribe button!