Game developers by law have to get permission from the car manufacturer in order to feature makes and models within a game and today video games, and more specifically racing games, are a huge industry.
Forza Horizon 5 is the next up and coming racing game in the Forza lineup and it looks absolutely incredible, to say the least!
However, there are going to be some car brands that will simply not be featured in the new game and here they are and the reasons why:
- Ruf - Ruf is considered a manufacturer and not a tuner of Porsche regardless if they look almost identical. Need For Speed held exclusive rights to Porsche for many years, but that has no come to an end and other game developers are free to negotiate contracts so using Ruf cars were all that non- Need For Speed game titles could use in place of Porsche. So the new Forza Horizon 5 will now feature Porsches, so therefore Ruf will be redundant.
- Skoda - Skoda is heavily involved in the World Rally Championship (WRC) in recent years and their marketing team will only allow developers the rights to use their brand in WRC games so they will not be featured in the new Forza Horizon 5.
- Saab - Saab filed for bankruptcy in the early 2010s and as a result, won't be featured in any more racing games.
- Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce has been featured in previous versions of Forza Horizon, but Rolls Royce has decided not to renew their licence for the new Forza Horizon 5 video game as they say they want their customers to experience their cars in real life.
- Tesla - Teslas were featured previously, but they have now decided to pull out of all video game contracts and not renew their licenses as it contradicts the company's no advertising campaign.
Take a look at the video below by the YouTube channel: Ericship 111 on Forza Horizon 5 - 5 Car Brand That Won't Appear In The New Game And Why...
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel here for more exciting and exclusive SXdrv content! And don't forget to smash that subscribe button!