Mercedes F1 driver George Russell answers questions from fans on social media and gives more context to some quirky images on the internet.
George Russell made his debut in Formula 1 with the Williams team in 2019. He has always maintained a close relationship with Mercedes and Toto Wolff (Mercedes F1 team principal) and as of the end of 2021, it was publically announced that he will be driving for Mercedes in 2022 alongside his new teammate Lewis Hamilton.
Of course, George Russell has a huge fanbase but now all eyes are on the young Brit as he is now at the forefront of Formula 1 in a top team.
As a result, he gets asked tens of thousands of questions online that he can't attend to by any means, however, the editors at British GQ have a YouTube series called Actually Me whereby a celebrity hops onto his social media accounts and answers fans' questions directly and on camera. This time it is George Russell's turn to take part and to answer some of the most intriguing questions about his racing career, history and personal life.
Some of the questions asked were:
- What are you looking for in there? (Referencing a picture of George Russell looking closely at the front tyres of his new 2022 Mercedes F1 car on Twitter).
- Why is George Russell hailed as Mr Saturday in F1?
- Does George Russell have some kind of contract that stipulation that says he must always wear a turtle neck? Don't think I've seen him in anything else since the move?
- It is interesting how much a young person like George Russell is joining a big team like Mercedes. A lot of expectations, a lot of people will be looking on his driving. How is he handling such expectations?
- George Russell, besides Mercedes', what is your favourite livery this year and why?
- Will we get a George Russell episode on this season of Drive To Survive? Give the people what they want.
Take a look at the video below by the YouTube channel: British GQ on Mercedes Benz AMG Formula 1 Driver George Russell Replies To Fans Questions On The Internet - Actually Me - British GQ...
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel here for more exciting and exclusive SXdrv content! And don't forget to smash that subscribe button!